Comply with particular specification for pod walls
Our Ref: xxx
To : xxx Contracting Middle East,
Attention : Ms. xxx
: Project Director
Project : xxx Tower Views, Dubai
Subject : Comply with particular specification for pod walls
Dear Mr. xxx,
We refer to your letter No. xxx dated xxx. Please see below our reply and request for confirmation.
- Gypsemna can offer a board called “Glass Mat Board (external)” which comes in 13mm or 16mm thickness (please see attached the technical data sheets).
- Gypsemna does not have 12.5mm and 15mm thickness of these boards, which means that if such a board is to be used, we will have to use 13mm instead of 12.5mm and 16mm instead of 15mm. The technical implications can be discussed between our Technical & Design Departments.
- The commercial implication of changing to this board will be addressed separately at a later stage.
- It’s worth noting that xxx did not try/use this board in the past and cannot comment on its performance (in contrast, the equivalent board has been used on thousands of pods for many years and we are confident of its performance).
- Gypsemna have confirmed that the currently used boards are complying with the project requirements. Please see below an extract from their letter in this regard.
- Please confirm whether we should use the Glass Mat gypsum board mentioned above or continue with the current boards we are using. As you know, our production for new walls / pods totally stopped on Thursday, 26th September xxx, so a fast confirmation is required to avoid delaying the project.
We look forward to receiving your response as quickly as possible.
On behalf of xxx LLC