Our Ref: xxx
To : xxx Contracting Middle East,
Attention : Ms. xxx
: Project Director
Project : xxx Tower Views, Dubai
Subject : Free Issue Material; Bathtub, Quality Issue
Dear Mr. Logan,
We refer to our discussion with your resident QC Mr. xxx John regarding the bathtub quality issues we are facing lately. We also refer to our email dated 16th February xxx (copy attached).
- Our Quality Control department noticed a quality issue with the bathtub delivered as a free issue item from your side.
- Amongst other quality issues like uneven corners, the main concern is the surface of the bathtub, which, as you can see from the attached report, is wavy.
- The magnitude of the problem varies from one tub to the other, but definitely beyond the standard tolerances used in the industry.
- Action taken
- Your QC, together with ours, inspected a part of the quantity we have in our factory (60 sets). Out of the 60 sets inspected, 45 were rejected.
- We have 10 pods already completed which may require abortive works to replace the bathtubs.
- The abortive works can start upon receiving your instruction to do so, and the associated costs will be informed in due course.
- The quantity of usable bathtubs available in our factory is yet to be determined after a full quality control inspection is done by your Quality Control personnel.
- Moving forward
- Please ensure that our factory has enough usable bathtubs.
- Your action by the 25th of February xxx will be appreciated to avoid any disruption to production.
On behalf of xxx LLC